GCSE Maths Tuition
Contact me to discuss your tuition!
You may want ongoing support with GCSE Maths, or just a few sessions of exam preparation. You may need support understanding topics and answering questions, or you may be aiming for Grade 9 and need to focus only on the most challenging questions. Either way tuition will be tailored to the work you need to cover and the way you learn best.
Tuition may include:
- Finding out how you learn best
- Understanding topics
- Calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Fractions, decimals, percentages
- Ratio and proportion
- Going over work covered in class
- Catching up on work missed
- Identifying the right method for the question
- Problem-solving strategies, especially important on the new syllabus
- Showing your working out
- Non-calculator methods
- Calculator shortcuts
- Making links between topics
- Analysing and tackling the hardest questions
In addition, preparation for exams may include:
- Revision lessons on specific topics
- Making sense of exam questions
- Using your revision time efficiently
- Exam strategies
- Writing answers to the * questions
- Analysing your answers to help gain more marks
- Working under pressure of time and exam conditions
I offer GCSE Maths tuition in Stourbridge, Halesowen, Brierley Hill, Hagley, Bearwood, Rowley Regis, Cradley Heath, Dudley, South West Birmingham and across the West Midlands.
Please contact me to discuss your tuition needs
Book tuition for next term now
Summer holiday tuition available. Please contact me for details of availability
Tuition in your home or my classroom (near Merry Hill)
I am based in Quarry Bank in the West Midlands (near Merry Hill shopping centre) and am happy to travel up to about ten miles depending on the time required. On Sundays I am often available to tutor in Worcester. (Locations further than ten miles may be possible, with travel costs charged as extra.)
Please contact me to discuss your needs.
"Clear explanations of many different methods... perfect for my learning styles."
"Great access to material... very good amount of homework..."
"...would recommend to anyone...a fantastic course."
"Good explanations... excellent shortcuts and quick calculations."
"Attending your seminar did wonders!"